|Wednesday, August 12, 2015|
9 Signs You Are Meant to Own a Lake Home
There is a certain breed of people that love that 'up north, headed to the cabin' feeling. The feeling of a Friday afternoon with the car packed, drinks in the cooler, hitting the open road. Well, let's be honest - probably not an open road, given the road construction everywhere - BUT, when you're headed to the lake, even a little traffic can't bring you down. If you've had that feeling, this list is for you.
1. Of the 10,000 lakes, you've been to half of them.
2. When someone says, drop me a line, you immediately think they are referring to fishing.
3. It's hard to make plans with friends, because you "might be at the lake." Don't they understand?
4. You take better care of your boat than your car.
5. You own a bumper sticker that says, "I'd rather be at the lake."
6. Your children took swimming lessons at 6 months old so you wouldn't miss a beat during lake season.
7. When the temperature hits 40 degrees, you start sporting your flip flops.
8. Your dog has a lifejacket that cost more than most people spend on their children's car seat. You can't put a price on water safety.
9. When the mail comes you cross your fingers in the hopes that no one has invited you to a party on the weekend.
If you can relate to any of these, you should probably start looking to buy.